Click the links below for more info. You know you wanna do it!

Thursday, October 14, 2010

VSG surgery Reflux and questionable activities

??3.8

I'm inching closer and closer to a new middle number. It would be AWESOME if I could get there by November. I'm just gonna keep doing what I've been doing and just see what happens. I do have some degree of control over the amount of weight I lose ( like staying within a certain calorie range)  but I've lost weight eating cookies and I've gained weight doing the right thing. All I can do is hope that my body wants to let go of a few lbs before next month. 3.9 to be exact. I don't really wanna leave this up to chance so I'm gonna call on the not-always-so Evil Scale Genie's magic. This particular spell requires me to make a star on the floor with unflavored protein powder ( cause that's the ONLY thing that shit is good for), stand in it while wearing my magic necklace made of broken Thomas dvd's and Premier protein shake pull tabs, swing a pair of too big pants counterclockwise around my head, stand perfectly still for 14.8 minutes, and then yell out "Come to me oh genie of the scale!" There is a 2% chance that he will show up, but if he does there is a 97% chance that he will grant me my wish. There is, however, a 3% chance that he will jump in my body and have me doing questionable things in questionable areas of town. Thangs that make you go "hhhhhmmmmmmm"

My heartburn is a non issue now that I take my meds in the morning and night, but the other night I had a regurgitating reflux episode. I was lying in bed fast asleep when the contents of my stomach just came shooting out of my nose. Luckily it didn't burn because I'm on my ppi and h2 blocker and I didn't choke or anything, but it was still something that I'd rather NOT happen. As a result, I've taken a drastic step and I've made a commitment to not have anything at all to eat or drink after 8:00. With the way that I've been working, its very hard to do. The other night I went to bed hungry because I wasn't able to get home and get something in my belly in time. Sigh. The good news is that so far it seems to be working. I went to bed and none of Sleevie's antics woke me from my sleep so as much as I don't like it, it really is for the best. Later,I might see how I do with having a bit of water closer to bedtime, but for now, I'm just gonna leave well enough alone.

ttyl

3 comments:

  1. Yikes, I've never heard of such a thing as stomach contents erupting like that while sleeping. That scares me a little.
    BTW, sacrificing Bavarian cream donuts at the scale appeases the fat gods. Maybe they'll take pity on you and let you shed the 3.9 pounds.
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't a lot of food, just a bite or two, and it really wasn't that bad. My chicken episode was a lot worse. With the nose thing, I just leaned over and let it come out of my nose

    lol, I sure hope that the sacrifice works, Heather. Those are sacred things!

    I'm down to ??3.0 today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer Brown BanksOctober 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM

    Keep up the good fight! And know that "beauty" comes in all sizes.:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback more than cake. Make my day!

Waning Woman is sponsored by North Texas Bariatrics

Twitter

Search This Blog

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner